About the Journal
Administrative Development 'A Journal of HIPA, Shimla' ISSN: 2319-2976 is a double-blind bi-annual refereed journal invites quality research papers, review articles, commentaries and book reviews for the forthcoming issues of the Journal.
Scope of the Journal: The articles must address the issues relating to AdministrativeDevelopment, Public Service and Policy. Since the focus of governance in recent times havedivulged from administration to citizen service delivery, the articles should also address citizenrequirements in policy and the effective ways of implementing it for greater public welfare. Articlesfrom different branches of knowledge are welcomed if they have any direct or indirect relation tothe administrative development, public service and policy. Articles must have some relevance forgenerating some important policy implications.
Article type: Journal will comprise research articles,general articles or commentary on important issues and book reviews.The contributions should be original and scientifically written with citationof proper sources/literature. Copyright infringement and plagiarism is discouraged with some preliminary verification and authors will be held responsible for any violations.
Periodicity: (Half-Yearly). January-June and July-December. It will be available at the end ofperiodicity i.e., June and December.
Refereeing and Editing: This is a peer reviewed journal. After submission an article will be sentfor review. To avoid any biases, the process of reviewing will keep the names of author andreviewers confidential.
Correspondence Address: Chief Editor, Fairlawns Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration, Fairlawn, Shimla -171012 (India).
E-Mail: email@example.com Web:http://himachal.nic.in/hipa
Circulation: The journal is circulated in all state Government Departments/Institutions/Libraries in Himachal Pradesh, all ATIs, SIRDs, and training,educational and research institutes across the states.
Pricing: Each issue is priced at Rs. 100 for the individuals and Rs. 200 fortheinstitutions/Libraries (postage and handling charges of Rs 50 per issue are extra).Authors will get two complimentary copies of the issue. For long term subscriptions, pleasesend mail at our correspondence address with details about subscription period,subscriber’s complete correspondence address along with the Demand Draft of the requisiteamount for the number of issues during subscription period.
ISSN Number: The Journal contains the ISSN Number 2319-2976.
Ethical Responsibilities of Authors
Authors should refrain from misrepresenting research results which could damage the trust in the journal, the professionalism of scientific authorship, and ultimately the entire scientific endeavour. Maintaining integrity of the research and its presentation can be achieved by following the rules of good scientific practice, which include:
- The manuscript has not been submitted to more than one journal for simultaneous consideration.
- The manuscript has not been published previously (partly or in full), unless the new work concerns an expansion of previous work (please provide transparency on the re-use of material to avoid the hint of text-recycling (“self-plagiarism”)).
- A single study is not split up into several parts to increase the quantity of submissions and submitted to various journals or to one journal over time (e.g. “salami-publishing”).
- No data have been fabricated or manipulated (including images) to support your conclusions
- No data, text, or theories by others are presented as if they were the author’s own (“plagiarism”). Proper acknowledgements to other works must be given (this includes material that is closely copied (near verbatim), summarized and/or paraphrased), quotation marks are used for verbatim copying of material, and permissions are secured for material that is copyrighted.
- Important note: the journal may use software to screen for plagiarism.
- Consent to submit has been received explicitly from all co-authors, as well as from the responsible authorities - tacitly or explicitly - at the institute/organization where the work has been carried out, before the work is submitted.
- Authors whose names appear on the submission have contributed sufficiently to the scientific work and therefore share collective responsibility and accountability for the results.
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the correct author group, corresponding author, and order of authors at submission. Changes of authorship or in the order of authors are not accepted after acceptance of a manuscript.
- Adding and/or deleting authors and/or changing the order of authors at revision stage maybe justifiably warranted. A letter must accompany the revised manuscript to explain the reason for the change(s) and the contribution role(s) of the added and/or deleted author(s). Further documentation may be required to support your request.
- Requests for addition or removal of authors as a result of authorship disputes after acceptance are honored after formal notification by the institute or independent body and/or when there is agreement between all authors.
- Upon request authors should be prepared to send relevant documentation or data in order to verify the validity of the results. This could be in the form of raw data, samples, records, etc. Sensitive information in the form of confidential proprietary data is excluded.
Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
Peer reviewers play a role in ensuring the integrity of the scholarly record. The peer review process depends to a large extent on the trust and willing participation of the scholarly community and requires that everyone involved behaves responsibly and ethically. Peer reviewers play a central and critical part in the peer review process, but may come to the role without any guidance and be unaware of their ethical obligations. Journals have an obligation to provide transparent policies for peer review, and reviewers have an obligation to conduct reviews in an ethical and accountable manner. Clear communication between the journal and the reviewers is essential to facilitate consistent, fair and timely review.
Footnotes and end notes should not be used. If necessary, a general 'Explanatory Note' can be given at the end of the article.
Citations: (Desai, 1998); (Smith & Hofstad,2006);(Sharma et al, 2009).
References for all articles go together at the end of the journal. References should besetout using thefollowing format:
Journal: Jaffe, A., R. Newell, and R. Stavins. 2005. A tale of two market failures: Technologyand environmental policy. Ecological Economics 54:164–74.
Book: Metz, B.,O.Davidson, R. Swart, and J. Pan (Eds.). 2001. Climate Change 2001:Mitigation.Contribution of Working Group III to the Third Assessment Report of theIntergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Submissions to ADJ-HIPA are made using the online submission and peer review system. Online submission and registration is available at
For registration, please follow the instructions below:
- Please log on : http://qtanalytics.in/journals/index.php/HIPA/about/submissions
- Create account with filling in the requested details
- Enter username as your email address and password of at least 6 characters in length and containing one special character
- Click finish and your account has been created
- Click on the submit a manuscript link which will take you through to the manuscript submission page
- Complete all fields and browse to upload your article
- After all required sections completed, preview your pdf proof
- Finally submit your manuscript
Submission of article: Articles are required to be submitted through mail at: (firstname.lastname@example.org) as doc file. PDF will not be accepted. Figures are to be also sentseparately as JPEG or TIFF files. However, larger files have to be sent through CD/DVD.
The accountability of the research matter articulated in this journal is entirely of the author(s)concerned. The view expressed in the research papers/articles in this journal does not essentially correspond to the views of the publisher/editor. The publisher/editor of the journal is not liable for errors or any consequences arising from the exercise of information contained in it.
Published by: HimachalPradesh institute of Public Administration (HIPA), Fairlawn, Shimla-171012.
Printed in India by: HP Govt. Printing Press, Printing & Stationery Department, Shimla-171003